Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Beginning

Another year has just come. New hopes, new wishes and new spirits will color this very new year. 2010 would be an exciting year I guess :).

Looking back to past year, there are things happened and I'm so glad that I have passed through another hard year. Actually 2009 would be the most impressive year in my career as I had finished some projects and still be able to take some certifications.

Certifications I was able to achieve on 2009 are listed below :

1. JNCIS - M (renew)
2. JNCIA - E
3. JNCIS - E
4. JNCIA - FW
5. JNCIS - FW
6. JNCIP - M
7. JNCIS - ER (renew)
8. JNCIA - JUNOS
9. BSCI - 802-901

Among all my listed certifications above, I am very proud on passing JNCIA-JUNOS because I took it only a few months after it has been made available. I think I don't have to talk much about it but anyone who knows the nature of IT will know that it proves something I'm able to do. However it's not a merely certification that can determine an engineer skill. So I'm very glad that in 2009 I was given a chance to work on some interesting projects for Indosat, Telkomsel, Telkom and XL.

My last project is still continuing to 2010. It's a firewall migration projects for Excelcomm GPRS network. This project alone has taken almost all my time and energy. I even have to spend my christmas night on XL site because of it.

And meanwhile my boss was so kindly this time, by asking me if I want to take JNCIE - M earlier this year, I refused straightly. It would be a complete suicide if I took the offer, because although the firewall and router shares the same OS - JUNOS, but the behavior and limitation is very different. And there is another reason I reject this offer : in the year 2010, I will enter another vendor environment - Alcatel.

And I hope in this year, my company will grant my request for joining ENS training. The only expired certification I have in the year 2009 is ENA. And it was not because I don't want to renew it, but my superiors rejected my request on the beginning of 2009 for extending ENA. They argued that my company is no longer sell Extreme products so I was too lazy to take any further comments.

And since they offered the chances of having ENS training just a few weeks ago, I surely wouldn't missed it. Hope they can approve my request for it and make 2010 a completely exciting year.

Happy New Year Everyone ^_^.

No comments: