Sunday, January 11, 2009

About my illness...

Some people wonder what my illness is that keeps me from doing activities normally in the last few weeks. Okay so here is the complete chronology for the curious ones:

  • At the end of last September, my back is injured because I had an car accident in Cipularang toll road. That injure was really painful. I barely can walk. But I did try to attend my office as usual, but only lasted one day because at the next day, I could not wake up at all from my bed. So after 3 days lying down in my bed, I decided to go for treatment. I went to alternative massage treatment my mom suggested me. Well, the treatment really helped me at that time eventhough I almost fainted in the process. At least I can walk with less pain. But I still felt pain in my back when I did any movement so I went to neurologist. And I receive physiotherapy treatment several times before the pain became less and I felt I can let it heal by itself
  • Two months after the incident, I felt my injure was almost cured. Finally I could bend my back and made both of my palms reach the floor. I'm so glad at that time, thinking I would be able to do exercise again. Well, I'm not a totally behind-the-desk officer, because I love sports too much ^_^. But again, the decision to do exercise seemed too soon. I attended basketball field in my hometown while I had a chance. And after a few shots, a 3-point shot made my injure start to growing pains again. This time, I went to Siloam hospital and got 4 injection there. I didn't know the medicine doctor injected to my body, but it's like miracle! Soon afterwards, the pain I felt was becoming less and less. The doctor also suggested me to do MRG test and prohibited me to do any sports activities at least for a month
  • One month later, when I had the MRG result, I visited the doctor in Siloam hospital again. He told me that my back bones are looking good. But he showed me that there is an indication of Herniated Nucleus Pulposus symptom. So he prescribed me some medicine and gave me some advice of exercising that can help relieve the symptom. And he also prohibited me to do any sports activities again for another 1 month.
  • One week ago, when I was in Bandung - celebrating for new year holiday - my neighbor invited me to playing basketball with them in their garage. Well, it was an offer I couldn't refuse eventhough I still remember the doctor advise of not to do sport activity. But since this was not the actual game, I think it's okay to practise a little bit anyway (I'm a bad boy, am I :P?). It's really good to know my body can move like it used to be. And knowing I can make 10+ consecutive free throws really make me happy. I also notice my feet were stiff because I couldn't do crossover as quickly as I used to be and my stamina also decreased a lot. But I believe with a few workout sessions, I think I can overcome these.
And so here I am. Still in recovering from my back injure but it's getting better and better. The time when I can unleashed my desire for playing basketball again is getting near...

So good to feel alive ^_^...

No comments: