Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why are you so happy, Steve?

Approximately one months ago, I shocked one Excelcomm guy because I looked very different. He said to me "This is the first time I see you very happy" and he wondered why I looked that way. The reason is simple. At that moment, I just can barely walk without pain after thinking I will be in doom forever. The physiotherapy that doctor treat me in Bandung was really worked. And two weeks ago, all the pain disappeared. It's like a gift God give to me ^_^. And as usual I cannot resist the temptation of practising basketball again. But that was foolish decision - I realized it after it was too late!

Be in basketball field after a long time really made me happy. The wooden floor and leather basketball was acting like they called me. "This night will be a perfect game again", I thought at that time. Everything felt great, no pain no restriction. All system clear! And I tried to do several movements like layups and long shot. And one missed three points made me felt really awful. Not only because that was a bad shot, but when I did that, I felt something gone from my back. Like there was numb muscles and suddenly the pain came back again. Oh my!

Fear of unable being a normal person again, I rushed emailed my superior, asking for medical treatment the next days. She brought me to the hospital. Graha Medika hospital. The doctor there analyzed me and then he injected something - later on known as some painkiller - to my lower back and my upper bottom. 4 injections and I felt better. The pain was remedied a little bit but I felt slightly dizzy that day. And tomorrow will be two weeks since that incidents happened again. The pain is relieved slowly day after day. Even now I still have to be careful and wear a belt around my back everyday to prevent a wrong movement again...

And the worse thing is the doctor forbade me to do any sport activity at least for one month except swimming. But as you may know, I can't swim. And I have no time to learn swimming at the moment. The tasks from my office has already made me suffer enough in the recent weeks since my productivity decreased because in the recovery period, I need more rest than before. I don't care anyway, I'll do anything to be cured from my back injury totally and be able to playing basketball again in the future.....

No comments: